In July 2018 we received our 6th Green Flag.
We have been an ECO school since 2008.
At Mundy Junior’s we have an open door policy. You are always welcome to look round our school grounds; we, ECO C.A.T.s would gladly give you a tour and show you our sustainable school.
As an Eco school we get to do lots of interesting things. We measure our energy and look at ways to improve the schools sustainability and efficiency and help to reduce the schools carbon footprint.
We look at the school environment as well as our local and global communites by –
- How what we are learning fits into local & international issues.
- Making links with our community other pupils, parents, and teachers. TAs, governors and local businesses.
- Improve the grounds around school, playground, gardens, resources to help play and the curriculum, increasing biodiversity and making sure that areas are litter free.
- Raising awareness of reducing the amount resources consumed and considering investing in greener products wherever possible.
- Offering everyone the opportunity to: work in saving resources in a small way, leading projects, join in debate, and consider the lives of other children in other areas of the world and how we can all make a difference.
We are looking at our Travel Plan, improving our playground and more for us to recycle this month.
Travel Plan: As part of the plan we will be sending out a questionnaire for children and parents to fill in.
Playground: The children have been looking through playground equipment catalogues and have cut out all there favourite ones. We will be getting a rep in to talk to the C.A.T.s about the equipment.
Recycling: We already recycle pens, ink cartridges, glasses, stamps, mobile phones and batteries in school however we joined a new brigade which is recycling sweet biscuit wrappers. We will be send out a leaflet with everything we collect in school. The money raised from this buys our seeds and soil for the coming year.
Start of a new year and we have our new C.A.T.s. Our first meeting will be on Friday 27th and they are already brimming with ideas!