General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR becomes law on 25th May 2018.
An overview of the main changes under GDPR and how they differ from the previous directive
The school has been working to ensure that all its practices relating to data protection are compliant with the new laws, this has included:
- Conducting a self-assessment of readiness for GDPR.
- Reviewing all documentation from Gov.UK, ICO, IRMS Toolkit.
- Completion of an in-depth audit of all data processing in the school.
- Attendance at training for GDPR readiness.
- Reissue of letters for photography of children.
- Reissue of Privacy Notices for anyone associated with the school.
- Fortnightly meetings to work through the 12 steps to the GDPR.
- Information for staff, governors and parents in letters, school brochure and newsletters.
- Review of contracts with our suppliers.
- Requests of privacy notices from all our IT providers, e.g. Teachers2Parents, iTrack, Myconcerns etc.
- Review of policies ie: Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- Please see the GDPR under ‘Our School’ drop-down box on