Mundy Junior School aims to:
- Encourage children to use their imagination and creativity to design and make products that solve real and relevant problems linked to our “Creative Curriculum” and by considering the needs of others.
- Link Design Technology projects to other curriculum areas such as Maths, Science, History and Computing.
Knowledge and skills are taught prior to some projects so that the children can take part in the process of designing and making using the “Art Progression of Skills” and “Key Vocabulary” maps. The four main areas are:
- Evaluate existing products.
- Design Products
- Make Products
- Evaluate own product and suggest improvements.
The children use smaller versions of the “Art and DT Key Vocabulary” and “Design Technology Progression of Skills” map in their sketchbook to assess against at the end of most sessions.
- The children of Mundy Junior School learn to take risks, become resourceful, creative and enterprising ECO citizens.
- They develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of how to make high quality prototypes for a range of people and criteria that is outlined in the design brief.
- Mundy Junior School children are learning to become designers, inventors, project managers or engineers of the future!