Our aims at Mundy Junior School are:
- To ensure all children experience a high-quality art and design curriculum.
- Teach high quality art sessions that inspire and engage children to develop a love of art, increase their self-confidence, creativity and a sense of achievement as artists.
- To develop an appreciation for the Arts and learn about famous artists locally, nationally and globally.
- Develop specific skills, knowledge and understanding to work with a variety of media.
- To enable all children to use their creative imagination to construct their own pieces individually, in pairs or within a small group.
The children of Mundy Junior School will be able to:
- Learn about an artist and discuss their work evaluatively;
- Develop their artistic skills and vocabulary through receiving high quality teaching using planning that has ensured consistency and progression across the school;
- Be taught skills discretely with opportunities to refine and revisit before a piece of artwork is produced;
- Use the “Art and DT Key Vocabulary” and “Art Progression of Skills” map in their sketchbook to assess against at the end of most sessions.
- Children master a range of art skills across different media.
- Experiences provided to copy, adapt and create own pieces inspired by an artist’s work from the today or the past, from other cultures and countries.
- Children are given opportunities to present their work to their peers, other classes, parents, carers and the wider community.
- Children are given opportunities to attend art club after school and enter art competitions locally and nationally.