Our aims at Mundy Junior School are:
- To ensure all children experience a high-quality music curriculum.
- Teach high quality music sessions that inspire and engage children to develop a love of music, increase their self-confidence, creativity and a sense of achievement as musicians.
The children of Mundy Junior School will be able to:
- Listen, identify and describe a variety of music from different genres using a range of music vocabulary to express their opinion.
- Use a range of musical instruments (Including their voice) experiencing ensemble and solo singing/playing.
Musical skills will be developed through:
- Listening and appraising;
- performing and the use of musical instruments.
This will be achieved by:
- high quality collaborative planning (Cross-curricular where possible) that incorporates the National Curriculum 2014 Programmes of Study, Mundy Progression of Skills and the Mundy Key Vocabulary to ensure continuity, differentiation, progression, challenge and wider opportunities within 3/4 and 5/6 classes;
- Visitors promoting live music;
- Opportunities for incidental music; (Collective Worship, reading time, morning task;
- After School clubs;
- The development of music tuition.