Welcome to Willow Class Year 5/6
Our Teaching Team is:
Mr Betts, Mrs Johnson and Mrs Rogers.
Our whole team have been enjoying working hard with you all, but also having some fun and creating lots of super memories with each and every one of you.
A few things to remember:
- Please bring a named water bottle to school each day.
- We enter, from 8.40am, and exit, from 3.15-3.30pm, through the green gate on Beech Walk.
- If your child requires an inhaler please ensure that they have it in school.
- Please check all your clothes are labelled, especially coats and jumpers!
- Please remember our school uniform policy.
Please note the following days for your child to come to school ready in their PE kit. Hair should be tied back and removes earrings before school. If it is their swimming day, could children please come in their PE kit and bring their Swimming Kit to change into (no costumes under clothes):
From wc Monday 15th May 2023:
The Willow Class PE DAY is on FRIDAY (for year 5 and year 6)
Willow Year 5's are SWIMMING on THURSDAY MORNINGS
Our topic this term is:
'Dig for Victory'
We will be investigating life on the British Home Front during WWII - a significant turning point in British history. How did the British people cope with the Blitz, evacuation, rationing and having to ‘Make do and Mend’?
We will be studying a couple of WWII themed books over the summer term, during English and Guided Reading lessons:
Letters from the Lighthouse By Emma Carroll and Code-cracking for Beginners
Home learning will include:
- Spellings: which will be tested through the week. (Click below to find your spelling booklets)
- Reading: when an adult has listened to you read, please record this in your reading diary. All reading can be recorded not just your school reading book.
If you would like to know more about how to help your child at home, please use the links below to take you to helpful pages on our website:)
Below are our topic subjects for 2022 - 2023.
Our school library, which can be visited regularly, enjoying the wide variety of books it has on offer. Children have their own reading book to enjoy in class. Remember to read those books at home.
We are looking forward to an amazing term ahead. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have in the meantime.
Below are some link to websites that you may find useful, please let us know what you think of them.
Our Class Reading books are: The Night Bus Hero and The Boy at the Back of the Class both by Onjari Q Rauf