Our Mundy Junior School Clubs
We provide a FREE Breakfast Club - Monday to Friday starting at 7.30am until the school day begins. We ask that parents use our Weduc system to book their child onto their selected days.
- Provides a valuable service to children and parents
- Ensures Children are well fed and ready to learn for the day ahead
- Fosters healthy eating habits and social dining experiences
- Develops social skills/Independence around mealtimes
- Provides a safe/fun environment & a calm space for children to regulate their emotions
- Gives children a chance to try a variety of healthy foods
- Staffed by adults who are familiar to the children
- Takes place within the school setting
- Fully funded by school for all children
- Children function better in terms of behaviour/being able to concentrate
- Peace of mind for parents knowing children are being cared for in an already familiar environment
- Supporting families in a climate of busy work/school balance and rising costs of living
- Helps foster a positive relationship between parents and school
Intent: To encourage reading for pleasure and to ensure that all attainment bands are immersed in the same high-quality literature that they otherwise may not be able to access and enjoy. To build a school reading community and enrich the experience of reading and listening to stories.
Implementation: On a daily basis all children can choose to attend book club and listen to a book chosen by the group. The book can be on any topic that is of interest to the children and is read in a cosy, calm and quiet environment.
Impact: Children get to experience a wider range of literature that may otherwise have been beyond their reading capability. Children are given opportunities to use our library as this is where the club takes place and develop a passion for reading and listening to stories.
After School Clubs
Why do we run a variety of After School Clubs?
Answer - ...because our children love them! :) Below is an example of the rationale behind our clubs we run straight after school until 4.30pm.
Intent: To give children the opportunity to develop an appreciation of the arts including painting, sculpture and mixed media. To develop knowledge and new skills needed to use and enjoy being creative using a wide variety of media. To allow children to be imaginative and free to create their own pieces and experience the pride of displaying their work at school art exhibitions.
Implementation: Skills are taught, practiced and refined before final pieces are made to build confidence and improve knowledge. Children will learn about relevant artists and discuss their work and use it as an influence in their own work.
Impact: Children become knowledgeable and skillful in a range of media and are proud of their work that they are able to share with the wider community e.g. art exhibitions and school events.
Miss Cross would like to thank everyone who bought something from the Art Club Gift Shop. The £40 raised has been spent on some beautiful tiles, a tile cutter and the board for the mosaic that the Art Club will be working on.
Make Do and Mend