Our aim at Mundy Junior School is to ensure that all children experience a high-quality Science Curriculum which, as well as encouraging “awe and wonder”, it promotes the children to enquire into the world around them through Scientific knowledge and investigations within our Creative Curriculum.
Children will be provided with many opportunities to pose questions, investigate methodically and increase their understanding of the sciences.
- Sticky knowledge at the start of each Science Unit and lesson;
- Links to Creative Curriculum where possible.
- Knowledge organisers.
- Whole class teaching.
- Practical approach to learning.
- Marking and feedback.
- Assessment opportunities.
- Developing investigation skills.
- Making links to prior learning (Knowledge and skills) from previous year groups and Key Stages. (Progression in the Science Curriculum grid)
- Assess methods and results of practical investigations using scientific vocabulary.
- Develop retention of knowledge and understanding through different assessment opportunities.