Welcome to Elm Class Year 3/4
Welcome to our excellent Elm Class!
Our teaching team is: Miss Catton, Mrs White, Mrs Hollingsworth and Miss Hall.
We are looking forward to working hard with you all and also having some fun, creating lots of super memories with each and every one of you.
A few things to remember:
- Please bring a named water bottle to school each day.
- We enter, from 8.40am, and exit, from 3.15-3.30pm, through the main entrance.
- If your child requires an inhaler please ensure that they have it in school.
- Please check all your clothes are labelled, especially coats and jumpers!
- Please remember our school uniform policy.
Please note the following days for your child to come to school ready in their PE kit. Hair should be tied back and removes earrings before school. If it is their swimming day, could children please come in their PE kit and bring their Swimming Kit to change into. (no costumes under clothes):
Our buzzing summer is going to be full of fun learning opportunities across the curriculum!
Our math lessons will see us covering multiplication and division using formal methods, such as grid and bus stop! We'll also be looking at shapes, measurements and fractions.
In English, we are going to be looking at myths and legends surrounding Ancient Greece and creating links with other parts of our curriculum as we delve into the history, mystery and culture of the ancient civilisation in our humanities lessons.
Science will give us plenty of opportunities to get outside and explore our environment as we discuss living things and their habitats, both locally and around the world! We'll also be investigating life cycles of different species and thinking how this supports our previous learning.
RE lessons will uncover what it means to be a Christian in Britain, while PSHE will give us a chance to look at being responsible. We will be considering our rights and responsibilities as well as developing skills to reason, discuss and debate with our friends.
During our computing sessions, we'll be combining all our knowledge to create and code our very own video game using Scratch!
We're looking forward to a bright term with our enthusiastic and eager Elm learners!
Home learning will include:
- Spellings: which will be tested through the week. (Click below to find your spelling booklets)
- Reading: when an adult has listened to you read, please record this in your reading diary. All reading can be recorded not just your school reading book.
- Times tables: Times tables will be taught in school and should also be practiced at home. Remember you can use the Times Tables Rock Stars (TTRS) website to practice. Website: Times Tables Rock Stars (ttrockstars.com)
If you would like to know more about how to help your child at home, please use the links below to take you to helpful pages on our website:)
Below are our topic subjects for 2022 - 2023.
We are looking forward to an amazing term ahead. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have in the meantime.
Below are some link to websites that you may find useful, please let us know what you think of them.
- Maths puzzles and investigations
- TT RockStars
- KS2 SATs bitesize revision English, Maths, Science
- Science quizzes
- Homework help
- Active Learn