Welcome to Beech Class Year 3/4
Our Teaching Team is:
Mr Sharp, Miss Lyon, Mrs Bradley & Miss Beardsley
We are so proud of our budding Beech tree's after working so hard during the Spring term.
The entire Beech class team is ready to go for the Summer term!
A few things to remember:
- Please bring a named water bottle to school each day.
- We enter, from 8.40am, and exit, from 3.15-3.30pm, through the end door from the blue pod.
- If your child requires an inhaler please ensure that they have it in school.
- Please check all your clothes are labelled, especially coats and jumpers!
- Please remember our school uniform policy.
Please note the following days for your child to come to school ready in their PE kit.
- PE for Beech class is on a Wednesday afternoon.
Hair should be tied back and removes earrings before school. If it is their swimming day, could children please come in their PE kit and bring their Swimming Kit to change into. (no costumes under clothes):
In Brilliant Beech!
For this Summer Term......
Our math lessons will see us covering multiplication and division using formal methods, such as grid and bus stop! We'll also be looking at shapes, measurements and fractions.
In English, we are going to be looking at myths and legends surrounding Ancient Greece and creating links with other parts of our curriculum as we delve into the history, mystery and culture of the ancient civilisation in our humanities lessons.
Science will give us plenty of opportunities to get outside and explore our environment as we discuss living things and their habitats, both locally and around the world! We'll also be investigating life cycles of different species and thinking how this supports our previous learning.
RE lessons will uncover what it means to be a Christian in Britain, while PSHE will give us a chance to look at being responsible. We will be considering our rights and responsibilities as well as developing skills to reason, discuss and debate with our friends.
In our Humanities, we are going to delve into the society of Ancient Greece looking at their religion, culture and inventions
During our computing sessions, we'll be combining all our knowledge to create and code our very own video game using Scratch!
During the Summer term, it can be important to enjoy the nature around us and to explore our local parks and country walks. If you do find yourself on a walk, see if you can identify some of the trees!
National Trust: Tree identification.
If you can identify a beech tree, take a picture and bring it to class. Be Proud!
If you would like to know more about how to help your child at home, please use the links below to take you to helpful pages on our website:)
Below are our topic subjects for 2022 - 2023.
Home Learning includes:
- Spellings: which will be tested through the week. (Click on spellings to find your spelling booklets)
- Reading: when an adult has listened to you read, please record this in your reading diary (when it can go home) All reading can be recorded not just your school reading book.
- Children should now have access to their TT RockStars, if required, please see Mr Sharp about login details.
Below are some link to websites that you may find useful, please let us know what you think of them.
We are looking forward to an amazing term ahead. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have in the meantime.