WP – (Working Party)
What does the Working Party do?
The Working Party has the following remit:
- To make recommendations for updating the School Improvement Plan as it relates to the management of school policies
- To make recommendations for updating school policies on a bi-annual rolling programme. To include:
- Disability and equality
- Ict disaster recovery
- School support review and development policy
- Health and safety
- Absence management and monitoring
- Harassment and bullying
- Recruitment and retention
- Data protection
- Retention of records
- Photographs in school
- Access to pupil data
This remit is to include all statutory policies to coincide with Dfe expectations. To oversee that curriculum policies are in place consulting relevant staff.
The Working party also has the following delegated functions:
To consider and update as appropriate on an annual or bi-annual rolling programme the following responsibilities:
- Accessibility planning
- Critical incident plan
- Lettings charges and service level agreements
- Home school agreement in agreement with the TLC
- NUT inspection
- Governor vacancies
- Staff code of conduct
What are our aims for this year?
- We look to have a school that has a robust policy and protocol procedure ensuring that documentation is in place.
- we aim to scrutinise the policies and protocols on a rolling programme and ensure that they conform with the legal requirements of the Dfe
- we aim to check on legal requirements that may need referring to the full governing body or RMC/TLC
How often do we meet?
We meet once term or as appropriate.
Which Governors are on the Working Party?
Mrs Leonie George